Independent Living Coach - Illinois
Join the team where you become a member of a culture of kindness – a community that truly cares.
If you consider the best part of your day to be the moment you made someone smile, this is the job for you. Feel inspired by your work. Help people with disabilities and mental illness flourish and live full and abundant lives.
What are the benefits?
- $1,000 sign-on bonus within first six months of employment
- Paid training
- Quarterly and yearly bonuses
- Vacation, personal and sick time
- Kind, caring coworkers
- 11 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Countless opportunities for career advancement
- Awards and recognition for your hard work.
What are the expectations?
- Provide personalized coaching and assistance with daily tasks like cooking and tooth brushing, depending on each person’s needs.
- Help people work toward and achieve their personal goals, and enjoy each day to the fullest.
- Coordinate visits to museums, parks, sporting events, seasonal events and other fun activities.
- Encourage people to pursue new and favorite leisure activities like painting, swimming, singing, etc.
What are the job requirements?
- Enjoy working with people.
- Have a valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Pass a background check.
- Pass a basic skills reading test.
There are several locations with openings:
Joliet, New Lenox, Mokena, Frankfort, Elwood, Manhattan, Wilmington, Lockport, Chicago, Braidwood, Naperville, Peoria, Edwardsville, Mascoutah, Des Plaines, Wheeling, Elk Grove Village, Olympia Fields, Crete, Matteson, Sauk Village